Amazing Under the Sea Decorations

Amazing Under the Sea Decorations

Some outstanding talented people put together this amazing display of the bottom of the ocean for our Vacation Bible School. Our theme was Ocean Commotion. I attempted to take pictures of all the wonderful decorations and bring them to you here so you can get inspired for your under the sea party, mermaid party, or even luau.

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. Sanctuary decorations.Press Print Party!

When you entered the sanctuary, the stage gave the immediate feeling of being under the sea. The water effect on the top picture is just plastic tablecloths cut in strips (leaving a couple inches at the top), and each strip stretched outward every couple inches.

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. wall of fish - Press Print Party!

Quick and easy, this dynamic school of colorful paper fish worked beautifully to cover a large walled area. We made a template to distribute to several ladies so each fish would be exactly the same.

You may download the template we used below:

Another large wall and a simple technique of hanging plastic tablecloths to make waves. The Dollar store fishes were a striking and inexpensive addition.

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. Coral reefs - Press Print Party!

Pool noodles cut in all kinds of ways made interesting reefs. The sea urchins were little foam balls pocked with toothpicks and spray painted red.

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. Coral reefs with instructions - Press Print Party!Create a stunning coral reef out of tissue paper, floral mesh and other household items. See the tutorial on how to make a coral reef decoration.

YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
How to Make a Stunning Coral Reef Decoration for an Under the Sea Party

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. Wall of fish plates - Press Print Party!

Fish crafted from colorful paper plates are amazingly simple and a bright way to cover a big wall. Love the black ray!

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. Jelly fish - Press Print Party!

These jellyfish made from paper lanterns create a lot of impact. The tails are strips of plastic tablecloths ripped and stretched.

Amazing Under the Sea Party Decorations. Originaly for Ocean Commotion VBS. Great for a mermaid or nemo party. Noah's Ark. Press Print Party!

Noah’s Ark on top of the waves.

I hope you feel inspired!

YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
Decorate your Mermaid Party like a Pro

Shop mermaid printables:

Pin for later:

colorful paper fish on the wall of a classroom

3 pictures of under the sea decorations for classroom or vbs

12 Comments

• Connie
    April 9, 2018 10:56 pm

This is one of the most incredible set I’ve ever seen. Please tell me where you got the backdrop with lights behind the sheer curtains. And what kind of lights you usef. Appsolutly lovely!!

• Press Print Party
      April 19, 2018 11:35 pm

Hi Connie, thanks so much. I’m not sure which backdrop you’re referring to. But I didn’t decorate the stage. I just took photos…

• Marguerite
    February 1, 2018 8:39 am

I am completely floored ..at the bottom of the sea, by your creativity! What an amazing experience this must have been for the children if all this effort when into making the surroundings so awesome!

• Press Print Party
      February 1, 2018 11:43 am

Thank you so much for your kind words Marguerite. It was a group effort. That was the best theme we have done so far!

• Jessie
    January 21, 2018 7:26 pm

What scripture(s) did you focus on? This is such a cute idea!!!

• Press Print Party
      January 23, 2018 10:03 am

Hi Jessie, Thanks for your kind comment. It was a theme from Answers in Genesis. I’m sure you can find the theme on their website.

• Susan
    January 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Seriously, I don’t know where to start! All the details are adorable and perfect ! Love this party so much

• Press Print Party
      January 12, 2018 7:46 pm

It was such a good time. Thanks!

• Trackback: How to Host a Seaside-Themed First Birthday Party
  • Edwina
    January 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Absolutely LOVE so many of your ideas! Going to use many of your ideas for a Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet “Cubs Under the Sea”. I wish I had an idea how much it cost to make each piece, to know whether or not I can get various materials. Also, where do you get floral mesh?? Does it come in different widths? If so, how wide do I want to purchase? Someone gave me some to make I wreath, but I think it’s not wide enough for this project. The stuff I have is probably 3 or 4 inches wide.

• Press Print Party
      January 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Thank you for your kind comments Edwina. If you go to the Coral Reef Decoration post there’s a link for the kind of floral mesh I used. https://www.pressprintparty.com/diy/party-decorations/make-coral-reef-decoration-sea-party/
      I would recommend a 20″ wide mesh. You should be able to buy it a the fake floral department of any craft store.
      The cheapest craft in here is the paper fish school. It also has such a great impact. Have a great time decorating.

• Trackback: How to Make a Coral Reef Decoration - by Press Print Party!

Let me know what you think