Step lively ya sea dogs and watchful as ye go.
It wasn’t enough for me to turn the whole porch into a haunted Halloween pirate ship, the door needed some pirate-y love too.
I rummaged through my pirate party decorations and came up with this fun pirate party wreath.
This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s one of those times when keeping things in the garage for some future, unknown use actually worked out. I’ve had the bare wreath for years (hmm, I’m pretty sure at least 20 years) and we still have a crate full of old wood that we collected to make rustic signs around the house.
I had the fabric, pirate coins, and necklaces from an old pirate party and I made the skull and crossbones on the computer to round out the look.
Materials for the Pirate Wreath:
- Wreath – straw or foam
- Strips of striped white and red fabric (mine were about 3″)
- A couple of pieces of old wood
- Pirate coins
- Bead necklaces
- Hot glue gun
- Pirate skull and crossbones printable – Free – Available at the bottom of this post.
Pirate Party Wreath Instructions
I made a video to show just how easy and fast it was to make. Of course, the video is just a little faster than the actual construction. I sped it so that I didn’t bore you guys.
- Cut the fabric into strips making sure to cut with the stripes. My strips were from 3″ to 5″ wide. They were remnants of sashes I had made for a pirate party long, long ago.
- Wrap and hot glue the fabric to the wreath being careful to hot glue only on the back of the wreath.
- Once fully wrapped, hot glue the wood to the wreath. I had 2 pieces of wood I crossed and glued to each other.
- Print and cut the skull and crossbones printable (downloadable at the bottom of post) and glue it to the center
- Finish up by gluing a bunch of pirate coins and a couple of hanging bead necklaces.
You’ll see in the video that I hung the wreath before I added the hanging necklaces so I could get a better feel for how they hung.
And, you’re done with your awesome pirate party decoration.
Don’t forget to check out my full Halloween pirate ship post and my mermaid skeleton makeover.
Don’t loose it, pin it:
Get Your Freebie:
If you’ve already subscribed, you can get the password from the bottom of any email I send and go directly to the Free Downloads Library.
9 thoughts on “DIY Pirate Party Wreath (w. FREE Printable)”
Love the whole pirate theme for Halloween! This wreath is perfect!
I love pirates so this is a really fun decor craft idea for Halloween or a pirate party!
This wreath is freakin AMAZING!!! I mean wow 😍 and the printable just completes the entire look. Great job as always .
Thanks so much Susan. It was a fun craft to make.
This wreath turned out so well and it gives me hope that I’ll use up all the stuff I have saved around the house!😂Such a great addition to the porch decor.
Did you see that I’ve had the bare wreath for like 20 years… the shame 🙂
I love a good DIY and especially one that can greet your guests at the front door!
It’s great when a quick DIY project can add so much to the decor!
Such a cute wreath and I love that you shopped the house too! It really completes your darling porch!!