Horse Cupcake Cake How To – With Template

Horse Cupcake Cake How To – With Template

Do you want an amazing horse cake for your western party?

Or maybe you need a great unicorn cake for your little girl but just don’t want to pay a pro to do it?

You don’t have pro skills but you still want an amazing horse birthday cake?

Then a horse cupcake cake is totally the answer for you! And I will give you an easy horse cupcake template that will make you look like a master baker.

Horse Cupcake Cake Template - Unicorn cupcake cake - horse birthday cake - by Press Print Party!

Wanting a horse cake for my girls’ western birthday party, I took to the internet for horse cake ideas and cupcake cake ideas, and amidst a slew of odd looking horses, I found an amazing horse cupcake cake from a cake shop in Texas (the original link is long gone unfortunately).

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!

I don’t live in Texas so I decided to try to re-create the pattern and share it with all DIYers out there.

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!

You may print this picture or better yet, download the pdf below to help you position the cupcakes on your board.

This template is adaptable to any kind of horse. You only need to use a Twist Pop to make a horn and transform your horse cake into a fantastic unicorn cupcake cake!.

YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
Cowgirl Birthday Party, Western Party in Pink and Brown

Instructions for the horse cupcake cake

You will need:

• Cake or foam board 20″ x 30″
  • 26 Cupcakes of your choosing
  • Vanilla buttercream
  • Chocolate buttercream
  • Wilton 1M tip
  • Black licorice

Download you horse cupcake cake template below:

To cut the cost, Instead of a cake board, I used an inexpensive foam board.

I piped each cupcake with a Wilton 1M tip in a swirl pattern with a chocolate buttercream.

I used the same tip and vanilla buttercream for the white tail and mane, as well as the tip of the hooves and eye.

For the eye, mouth and eyelashes (the girls really wanted eyelashes), I used a black licorice.

To feed the hungry crowd of cowgirls and cowboys, I make extra cupcakes wrapped in western themes wrappers available in with the cowgirl party decorations set in my shop. (I also have a cowboy party decoration set).

I loved the idea of a horse cupcake cake, the bonus is that both kids and adults got to choose their favorite flavor cupcake and there was no messy cake to cut!

Here you have it in action!

YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
Free Teapot Cupcake Cake Template and Tutorial

Did you make this cake? Please send me pics and let me know in the comments below!

Shop all western party decorations in my shop:

Pin for later:

19 Comments

• Lashonda Macon
    August 18, 2017 1:24 am

Hurrah, that’s what I was searching for, what a stuff! present here at this website, thanks admin of this site.

• Trackback: Horse Shaped Birthday Cake Recipe – Master LM
  • e
    February 27, 2017 1:58 pm

What size board did you use?

• e
    February 27, 2017 1:57 pm

What size board did you end up using??

• Trackback: Horse Cupcakes
  • paula rosenquist
    September 24, 2015 6:32 am

My Sunday school girl fell in love with this horse cupcake design! She already begged me to make this for her next birthday!! Is all this printable? Thank you in advance!

• Press Print Party
      September 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Paula, you can get the printable directly through this page. The link is right under the picture of the template.

• Tania
    September 3, 2015 12:21 am

Would you mind sharing your butter cream frosting recipe?? Want to make 2 of these for my twins birthday this weekend and do not have a homemade recipe for chocolate butter cream or plain butter cream for that matter. Thanks!!

• Christine
    July 14, 2015 8:31 am

I love this idea! My daughter wants a unicorn cake so I’ll use a sugar cone as the horn. Thank you for sharing, this looks so easy and just adorable!

• Trackback: Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party! - The Home Decor DIY
  • Christina
    May 2, 2015 12:29 pm

what size paper do you print on?

• pressprintparty
      May 2, 2015 1:03 pm

Just regular 81/2 x 11 paper. It’s shrunk.

• julie
        January 13, 2017 1:12 pm

What did you enlarge the 8.5×11 to?

• pressprintparty
          January 13, 2017 8:07 pm

I didn’t, the print out is just for reference to arrange the cupcakes on the board.

• Jennifer Johnson
    March 25, 2015 6:22 am

Hey! I am gonna try this for my niece’s party. Did you pipe the icing onto the cupcakes before you arranged them on the board or after? What size board did you have to use to fit it all on there? Thanks! You did a great job!!

• pressprintparty
      March 25, 2015 11:11 am

I honestly don’t remember the size of the board. I know I bought it that size at Walmart. My best guess is around 2′ by 2.5′. The cupcakes get iced after you set them up on the board. It’s a good idea to put a little frosting at the bottom of the cupcakes so they don’t slip. Have fun!

• Trackback: Cowgirl Western Party in Pink and Brown - by Press Print Party!

Let me know what you think

CommentLuv badge