Horse Cupcake Cake How To – With Template

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!

Wanting a horse cake for my girls’ western birthday party, I took to the internet and amidst a slew of odd looking horses a found an amazing horse cupcake cake from a cake shop in Texas.

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!From takesthecakecp

I don’t live in Texas so I decided to try to re-create the pattern and share it with all DIYers out there.

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!

You may print this picture or download the pdf below to help you position the cupcakes on your board. Instead of the cake board I used an inexpensive foam board.

Western-Party-horse-cupcake-cake

I piped each cupcake with a 1M tip in a swirl pattern with a chocolate butter cream. I used the same tip and vanilla butter cream for the white tail and mane, as well as the tip of the hooves and eye. For the eye, mouth and eyelashes (the girls really wanted eyelashes), I used a black licorice.

To feed the hungry crowd of cowgirls and cowboys, I make extra cupcakes wrapped in western themes wrappers available in with the cowgirl set in my shop. (I also have a cowboy set).

I loved the idea of a cupcake cake, the bonus is that both kids and adults got to choose their favorite flavor cupcake.

Western-Party-cupcakes

Here you have it in action!

Western-Party-food-table

Comments: 12

1. Horse Cupcakes April 10, 2016 at 7:35 pm Reply

[…] Horse Cupcake Cake How To – With Template […]

2. paula rosenquist September 24, 2015 at 6:32 am Reply

My Sunday school girl fell in love with this horse cupcake design! She already begged me to make this for her next birthday!! Is all this printable? Thank you in advance!

• Press Print Party September 25, 2015 at 6:24 pm Reply

Paula, you can get the printable directly through this page. The link is right under the picture of the template.

3. Tania September 3, 2015 at 12:21 am Reply

Would you mind sharing your butter cream frosting recipe?? Want to make 2 of these for my twins birthday this weekend and do not have a homemade recipe for chocolate butter cream or plain butter cream for that matter. Thanks!!

4. Christine July 14, 2015 at 8:31 am Reply

I love this idea! My daughter wants a unicorn cake so I’ll use a sugar cone as the horn. Thank you for sharing, this looks so easy and just adorable!

5. […] Source: pressprintparty.com […]

6. Christina May 2, 2015 at 12:29 pm Reply

what size paper do you print on?

7. Jennifer Johnson March 25, 2015 at 6:22 am Reply

Hey! I am gonna try this for my niece’s party. Did you pipe the icing onto the cupcakes before you arranged them on the board or after? What size board did you have to use to fit it all on there? Thanks! You did a great job!!

• pressprintparty March 25, 2015 at 11:11 am Reply

I honestly don’t remember the size of the board. I know I bought it that size at Walmart. My best guess is around 2′ by 2.5′. The cupcakes get iced after you set them up on the board. It’s a good idea to put a little frosting at the bottom of the cupcakes so they don’t slip. Have fun!

8. […] snack table ended up being a great hit with sweet popcorn, happy trails mix and a fun horse cake made with cupcakes. Having the cupcakes instead of a traditional cake was so practical and festive […]

Let me know what you think!