Horse Cupcake Cake How To – With Template

Horse Cupcake Cake How To – With Template

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!

Wanting a horse cake for my girls’ western birthday party, I took to the internet and amidst a slew of odd looking horses, I found an amazing horse cupcake cake from a cake shop in Texas.

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!From takesthecakecp

I don’t live in Texas so I decided to try to re-create the pattern and share it with all DIYers out there.

Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party!

You may print this picture or download the pdf below to help you position the cupcakes on your board. Instead of a cake board, I used an inexpensive foam board.

Western-Party-horse-cupcake-cake

I piped each cupcake with a Wilton 1M tip in a swirl pattern with a chocolate buttercream. I used the same tip and vanilla buttercream for the white tail and mane, as well as the tip of the hooves and eye. For the eye, mouth and eyelashes (the girls really wanted eyelashes), I used a black licorice.

To feed the hungry crowd of cowgirls and cowboys, I make extra cupcakes wrapped in western themes wrappers available in with the cowgirl set in my shop. (I also have a cowboy set).

I loved the idea of a cupcake cake, the bonus is that both kids and adults got to choose their favorite flavor cupcake.

Western-Party-cupcakes

Here you have it in action!

Western-Party-food-table

14 Comments

• Trackback: Horse Cupcakes
  • paula rosenquist
    September 24, 2015 6:32 am

My Sunday school girl fell in love with this horse cupcake design! She already begged me to make this for her next birthday!! Is all this printable? Thank you in advance!

• Press Print Party
      September 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Paula, you can get the printable directly through this page. The link is right under the picture of the template.

• Tania
    September 3, 2015 12:21 am

Would you mind sharing your butter cream frosting recipe?? Want to make 2 of these for my twins birthday this weekend and do not have a homemade recipe for chocolate butter cream or plain butter cream for that matter. Thanks!!

• Christine
    July 14, 2015 8:31 am

I love this idea! My daughter wants a unicorn cake so I’ll use a sugar cone as the horn. Thank you for sharing, this looks so easy and just adorable!

• Trackback: Horse Cupcake Cake Template How to by Press Print Party! - The Home Decor DIY
  • Christina
    May 2, 2015 12:29 pm

what size paper do you print on?

• pressprintparty
      May 2, 2015 1:03 pm

Just regular 81/2 x 11 paper. It’s shrunk.

• julie
        January 13, 2017 1:12 pm

What did you enlarge the 8.5×11 to?

• pressprintparty
          January 13, 2017 8:07 pm

I didn’t, the print out is just for reference to arrange the cupcakes on the board.

• Jennifer Johnson
    March 25, 2015 6:22 am

Hey! I am gonna try this for my niece’s party. Did you pipe the icing onto the cupcakes before you arranged them on the board or after? What size board did you have to use to fit it all on there? Thanks! You did a great job!!

• pressprintparty
      March 25, 2015 11:11 am

I honestly don’t remember the size of the board. I know I bought it that size at Walmart. My best guess is around 2′ by 2.5′. The cupcakes get iced after you set them up on the board. It’s a good idea to put a little frosting at the bottom of the cupcakes so they don’t slip. Have fun!

• Trackback: Cowgirl Western Party in Pink and Brown - by Press Print Party!

Let me know what you think

CommentLuv badge