I don’t know about you, but when spring starts poking out its head and the mental fog of winter starts to clear, I feel like baking and crafting! And of course, making videos!
These easy bunny cupcakes make for a fun and cute cupcake decoration for any Easter celebration, spring baby shower, or spring party!
I guarantee both kids and adults will love these adorable cupcakes!
Easter Bunny Cupcake DIY Instructions
For each cupcake you’ll need:
- Cupcake of your choice. (I chose yellow cupcakes made from a box cake mix, but you could make them with my super moist chocolate cake batter)
- White frosting of your choice.
- Sweetened Coconut flakes
- 1 black jelly bean cut in half (You could use chocolate chips)
- 1 pink jelly bean cut in half
- Pink sugar sprinkles
- Licorice – cut in 1/2 inch strands
- 1 large marshmallow (some would call it a regular-sized marshmallow)
- 1 small marshmallow (mini marshmallow)
- Cute Easter cupcake wrappers found in the shop.
Put all the ingredients in separate little bowls before you start.
I’d encourage you to watch the video below first, it may just answer all your questions.
And don’t forget to go to my YouTube channel to subscribe!
Scroll below for full instructions.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes Step by Step tutorial
You will need to bake cupcakes ahead of time. The batch of cupcakes should be cold or at room temperature before decorating.
- Frost the top of the cupcake with white vanilla frosting – Adding an extra amount of frosting on the top to hold the marshmallow ears. (You can use buttercream frosting or marshmallow cream frosting).
- Dip the top of each cupcake in the shredded coconut flakes.
- Squish your big marshmallow (to create longer ears) and cut it in thirds with kitchen shears! (halves are just too thick).
- Next, eat the CENTER piece.
I appreciate you taking one for the team. You’re not eating this because marshmallows are so dangerously tasty, you’re doing it because it’s honestly easier to explain the next step if that confusing centerpiece is gone.
Now if you’ve gone and made a horrible mistake and eaten one of the end thirds then there’s just no redemption. You’ve made a fatal and inexcusable error and you’ll just have to shove the whole errant marshmallow into your mouth to destroy the evidence. Now take a deep breath, look around suspiciously to make sure no one saw that, and start again from the last instruction.
- Take the outside two pieces and dip them, sticky side down, into the pink sugar to create the marshmallow bunny ears.
Place them on the cupcake on top of the extra frosting.
- Place the pink jelly bean half in the middle to make the bunny nose.
Oh my goodness. Another little bit of candy I don’t know what to do with.
- Cut the mini marshmallow in half and place the halves to either side, and a bit lower, than the pink jelly bean to create the cheeks.
- Place the black jelly beans apart to make the candy eyes. The bunny faces will look cuter if the eyes are placed farther apart.
- Add 3 strips of licorice to either side of the little marshmallow to create the whiskers.
How cute is that!!!
These adorable Easter bunny cupcakes are as delicious to eat as they’re fun to make.
And since the whole top of the cupcake is covered, these white easter bunnies could very easily hide a yummy chocolate cupcake.
They’re the perfect companion to the chick cupcake which also makes a delicious Easter dessert.
Don’t keep these cute Easter bunny cupcakes to yourself, pin it: