Well executed rainbow swirl frosting sure has the WOW factor. And no one has to know how truly easy it is!
Rainbow Swirl Frosting Ingredients:
- White Vanilla Buttercream frosting -> My favorite recipe
- 5 Pastry bags (As I mention in my post “11 Best Birthday Party Hacks for Busy Parents” you can use Zip-locks too – just cut one of the corners.)
- Food coloring. I chose pink, purple, blue, and yellow
- Wilton 1M frosting tip
Divide some of the white frosting into 4 bowls and color them with the food coloring. I chose pink, purple, yellow, and blue to match my party printables theme.
Prepare a piping bag for each of the colors.
Lay a piece of saran wrap on a board.
Pipe about 4-5 inches of each color next to each other (lay the pink and purple next to each other).
Roll the saran wrap around all 4 colors (make sure not to put the saran wrap in between the colors).
Twist both sides like a candy.
Prepare a whole bunch of these little bundles at once so you don’t have to stop in the middle of pipping to make more.
Snip one of the ends and insert the cut end into another pipping bag ready with a pipping tip.
Pick up a cupcake and swirl!!
Here’s a quick video in case that description isn’t quite clear. Don’t forget to sign up to my YouTube channel!
Go check out all the unicorn party DIY posts:
- Truly Magical Unicorn Birthday Decorations DIY
- White Chocolate Unicorn Bark
- DIY Unicorn Backdrop Decorations- w. Printables
- How to Make a Unicorn Cupcake Cake
- Rainbow Tissue Paper Tassel Garland DIY