Fish coloring pages are great for entertaining and teaching little ones about aquatic creatures! I was astounded by some of the fun facts I learned as I put this blog post together.
For example, did you know that some species of jellyfish are immortal? Turritopsis dohrnii are able to revert back to their baby state once they reach maturity or if they are injured!
What an amazing ability!
If you find that so interesting, don’t you worry! I’ve included more fun facts throughout this post.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Of course, these free printable fish coloring pages are not just great for kids! With some vivid colors, kids of all ages and kids at heart can enjoy these fun coloring pages.
This collection of free fish coloring pages allows young children to practice their coloring skills, color recognition, and fine motor skills. Don’t forget to share some fun facts with them while they color! They will find the different fishes fascinating.
A great way to incorporate coloring into your day or school breaks is to make sure you always have some on hand! Stock up on your favorite coloring supplies and free printable coloring pages so you can whip them out at a moment’s notice.
Planning a trip to the aquarium? Expose your kids to the different kinds of fish they might see before you go. Are the kids complaining about being bored over summer break? Here you go, kids! Go color to your heart’s content.
I have lots of other free printable coloring pages in my shop including some free coloring pages that are perfect for the 4th of July! I’m sure you’ll find a few you love.
Let’s take a look at the fish coloring pages this downloadable book has to offer!
Not So Fishy Fun Facts
I’ll be honest, I collected a lot of amazing facts about fish and sea life for this post. I used a lot of them to help talk about each coloring sheet down below, but I couldn’t fit them all in! So for all you fun fact and sea creature enthusiasts, I’ll leave more fun facts here:
- Some fish, like lanternfish, have special organs that produce light, making them look like they are glowing in the dark.
- The largest fish in the world is the whale shark, which can grow up to 40 feet long and weigh 20 tons.
- Globally, we consume around 150 million tons of fish each year, making it one of the most widely consumed protein sources on the planet.
- Male clownfish (Think Marlin in Nemo) are the primary caregivers of the eggs. They guard and aerate them until they hatch.
- The average lifespan of clownfish in the wild is 6 to 10 years.
- Goldfish do not have stomachs. Food just passes through their digestive system very quickly.
- Goldfish can see both visible and ultraviolet light which helps them detect predators and find food.
- Jellyfish are not actually fish. They are classified as invertebrates.
- Some jellyfish have a symbiotic relationship with certain types of fish, where the fish lives inside the belly of the jellyfish for protection.
- Jellyfish have been used in medicine for many years – a protein found in some species of jellyfish is used in the development of a drug that helps to treat certain types of cancer.
- Many starfish species are capable of opening and eating shellfish, which they do by prying open the shells with their arms.
- Squids can quickly change color and patterns on their skin to blend in with their surroundings, communicate with each other, or scare predators away.
- Squids have three hearts – two that pump blood to the gills and one that pumps oxygen-rich blood to the rest of their body.
- Pufferfish are also known as blowfish or balloonfish due to their ability to inflate themselves with water or air when threatened.
- Pufferfish have a unique swimming style where they use their fins to move in short bursts rather than constantly like most fish.
- Approximately half of the fish species can see ultraviolet light.
15 Fun Fish Coloring Pages
Here are all the different fish coloring sheets that you’ll find in the fish coloring book pdf.
You’ll also love:
You’ll also love:
You’ll also love:
If you enjoyed these cute pictures of fish and would like more free printable coloring pages, go check out these posts for more:
- Unicorn coloring pages
- Dragon coloring pages
- Rainbow coloring sheets
- Valentine’s day coloring sheets
- Heart coloring templates
- Easter bunnies coloring pages
- Easter egg coloring pages
- American Flag coloring book
- Halloween coloring book
- More Halloween coloring pages
- Pumpkin coloring pages
- Thanksgiving coloring pages
- Christmas coloring book
- More Christmas coloring pages
Don’t forget to pin these fish coloring pages:
Get Your Freebie:
If you’ve already subscribed, you can get the password from the bottom of any email I send and go directly to the Free Downloads Library.